You should expect:
- To be treated as a respectable client, not transaction #37.
- To have your best interests represented.
- To be served selflessly – your agent shouldn’t be eyeing your wallet.
- Your agent to work as hard for you as they would if they were buying their own house.
- The highest skills available.
- Your calls to be returned promptly, and to be kept up to date.
- Your agent to go above and beyond what’s expected when dealing with problems that may arise.
- Your agent to be a trusted advisor that you can consult even when the transaction is complete.
Most importantly, rely on your instincts to help you determine which agent is right for you. Deciding on the right person will be based on who has suitable credentials, who’s most responsive to your needs and who you feel you can work with. Once your criteria is met, then you have found an agent who will help you find a home at the most reasonable price and with little difficulty.